LAST UPDATED: APRIL 06, 2016
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- B Connected account number
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, e.g., when you sign up to receive newsletters, offers and promotions, create or log into your account, make a reservation or a purchase, or share information on the Services through your social media account.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you visit our casino properties, whether just to visit or transact business, or when you contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your account with us, such as by signing into your B Connected account using a social network account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or information regarding your gaming activity.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, confirm your reservation, communicate with you regarding a reservation or purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates (including through surveillance);(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment including show and event ticketing, reservation management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
We also use:
At this time, we do not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, including specific information about our Services if you are in physical proximity to one of our properties and have opted into receiving text messages from us. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: Other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide it.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We are not responsible for the information collection, usage, disclosure or security policies and practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Pinterest, and Foursquare, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice, including your choices in connection with it, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link in these emails. You may also opt out by visiting http://www.boydgaming.com/unsubscribe and, if you are a B Connected member, by visiting https://www.bconnectedonline.com/ to sign in and update your profile.
- Receiving SMS text messages from us: If you no longer want to receive SMS marketing text messages at a telephone number that you have provided to us for purposes of receiving such offers, text the word “STOP” to the 51552 short code from the phone number you want to have removed from any future marketing alerts or offers.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, or update Personal Information that you have previously provided us, you may contact us in person, by visiting any Boyd Gaming Casino and speaking to a customer service representative, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you are a B Connected Member, by visiting http://www.bconnectedonline.com.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or updated. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Subject to applicable laws, including but not limited to our obligations relating to anti-money laundering laws, we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
In addition, please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change (e.g., when you make a reservation or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such reservation or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
USE OF SERVICES BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE APPROPRIATE AGE
Persons under the age of twenty-one (21) are not permitted to gamble at Boyd Gaming properties nor loiter on any Boyd Gaming casino properties located in the United States. Any offers made or contests we conduct, unless otherwise noted, are not open to persons younger than the legal gaming age in the applicable jurisdiction (typically 21). Persons younger than this legal age are not allowed to use our websites, accept offers, or win contests, and we do not knowingly collect information from such persons for gaming-related offers. We reserve the right to verify age at any time for any reason and may decline to provide products, services or access rights to any person who does not have valid age identification. Please note that for some of our properties, users may access limited aspects of the Services in compliance with applicable local laws. (By way of example, certain family-oriented events may take place at such properties).
USE OF SERVICES BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER 13
In no way are the Services directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal information online from such individuals.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information unless specifically requested (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Boyd Gaming Corporate Office
3883 Howard Hughes Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89169
PLEASE NOTE THAT EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS ARE NOT ALWAYS SECURE; SO PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE CREDIT CARD OR OTHER SENSITIVE INFORMATION IN YOUR EMAILS TO US.