Boyd Gaming Jobs Privacy Statement
LAST UPDATED: NOVEMBER 18, 2020
WE EXPLAIN THE COMPANY’S GENERAL PRIVACY PRACTICES IN OUR MAIN PRIVACY STATEMENT.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT NOTICE FOR EMPLOYEES, JOB APPLICANTS, CONTRACTORS, OWNERS, DIRECTORS, AND OFFICERS
Boyd Gaming Corporation (“we” or “us”) is providing the following details regarding the Personal Information that we collect and use about California residents in the context of their current, former, or potential role as our employees, job applicants, contractors, owners, directors, or officers, including their emergency contacts, dependents, and beneficiaries. We supply this information consistent with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), which has limited applicability in this context but provides for a privacy notice describing the categories of Personal Information collected and used regarding California residents in the roles listed above.
Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
Categories of Personal Information
We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, online identifiers, IP address, Social Security numbers, and other government-issued ID numbers education information, employment history, financial information, and medical and medical insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, age, race, religion, national origin, disability, medical conditions and information, citizenship, immigration status, request for leave, and marital status;
- Biometric information;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our and other websites and systems;
- Geolocation data, such as device location;
- Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as photographs or audio or video recordings created in connection with our business activities;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, information relating to references, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources data, and data necessary for benefits and related administration services;
- Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences, behavior, or characteristics.
Use of Personal Information
We use this Personal Information for the purposes of operating, managing, and maintaining our business, managing our workforce, and accomplishing our business purposes and objectives, including, for example, using Personal Information to:
- Manage workforce activities and personnel generally, including for recruitment, performance management, career development, payments administration, employee training, leaves and promotions;
- Manage wages and other awards such as stock options, stock grants and bonuses, and provide healthcare, pensions, savings plans and other benefits;
- Maintain and secure our facilities, equipment, systems, and infrastructure;
- Undertake quality and safety assurance measures, protect the health and safety of our workforce and others, and conduct risk and security control and monitoring;
- Conduct research, analytics, and data analysis to assist in planning succession and to ensure business continuity, as well as to design employee retention programs and diversity initiatives;
- Perform identity verification, accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations;
- Operate and manage IT and communications systems and facilities, allocate company assets and human resources, and undertake strategic planning and project management; and
- Comply with law, legal process, internal policies and other requirements such as income tax deductions, record-keeping and reporting obligations, and exercise and defend legal claims.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or how Boyd Gaming handles Personal Information, please contact us: